Sunday, January 11, 2009

More game cam

I'm still fascinated by the game cam pictures. I believe there are two pairs of coyotes who use this road as part of their territorial boundry.



This one has a mate, but he/she usually shies out of the picture after the first shot, which invariably only captures a portion of him/her.



Talk about your evil eyes!



The two above are another pair, I think. One is stockier and lighter in color, and their tails seem a different color than the animal in the first two shots.



Another night... a raccoon is curled into a ball, focused on the approaching coyote. I don't think the camera is triggering on smaller animals like raccoons. We just see this one because a coyote happened to pass by at the same time.



And stay away!





Barking? Chewing? Coughing? Choking? I can't tell.

One thing the camera does not handle too well is bright daylight. The pictures look grainy and strange. I tried fixing these, but had limited success. I decided to post them anyway since I thought the subject was so interesting.



Deer with a withered hindquarter.



Maybe you can see it a bit better in this one. The back leg seems to be just hanging there. I can't tell if she's able to use it minimally, or not at all.

On the Cuddeback Gallery there have been some pictures of a doe with only three legs. She seems to get along just fine, but I think that she, and this doe, demonstrate the current lack of predators. (The pictures rotate off the Gallery page so they may not be there still.)

No comments:

Post a Comment